Israeli soldier beats Palestinian child, West Bank, August 2015
Israeli soldier assaults a Palestinian child, smashing his head onto a rock, and placing him in chokehold, in the Nabi Saleh village of the West Bank, August 2015. Source: Nabi Saleh
Source: Visualising Palestine
Videos: savage beating by Israeli police in neighborhood where murdered teen was kidnapped, July 2014
Two videos have emerged showing Israeli police brutally beating a Palestinian youth in the Shuafat neighborhood of eastern occupied Jerusalem.
Stone Cold Justice – Four Corners/ABC and The Australian newspaper, Feb 2014:
(if this video link does not work the video can also be viewed here)
For more videos: Go to the Children category at Breaking the Silence; Israeli soldiers’ video testimonies of the occupied territories
Among the continuing flurry of global media coverage on the crisis in Syria, the situation of the estimated 6 million displaced by conflict has gained only sporadic reportage. Meanwhile, the second large-scale displacement of the longstanding Palestinian refugee population in Syria has been little mentioned. The infographic ‘Back to School’–produced by VP in partnership with UNRWA and the EU–highlights the challenges faced by Palestinian refugee children from Syria, from displacement and school closures to the simple uncertainty over whether they will have access to education.
- Children in Hebron frequently exposed to tear gas, Christian Peacemaker Teams, February 2014
- Children arrested near Old City, Christian Peacemaker Teams, February 2014
- Israeli military prevents construction of tent shelter for school children, Christian Peacemaker Teams, March 2013
- Mother’s persistence wins five boys’ freedom from Israeli detention, Christian Peacemaker Teams, May 2012
- Eleven Palestinians, Including Children, Kidnapped In Jerusalem And Nablus, International Middle East Media Center, Jan 2016
- DCI: “UN Shields Israel From Accountability For Atrocities Against Children”, International Middle East Media Center, June 2015
- Palestinian children and teenagers visiting Britain held a demonstration, yesterday, rallying against Palestinian child imprisonment by Israel in the West Bank and Israel, International Middle East Media Center, June 2015
- Susiya Students: “Settlers follow us, steal our bags and rip our books.”, report on settler violence against school children in the West Bank village of Susiya, International Middle East Media Center, Aug 2015
- Congresswoman Asks For Investigation Into Israeli Shooting Of Two Palestinian Teens: She suggested the killings could violate the Leahy Law, which would require some military aid be withheld, Jessica Schulberg – The Huffington Post, Aug 2015
- Palestinian Child Dies After Israeli Clashes, Reuters, August 2015
- Palestinian youths face arrests without warning, Jen Marlowe – Al Jazeera, July 2015
- ‘My son was executed by the police’, Jonathan Cook – Al Jazeera, July 2015
- Child Detainees Testify To Torture And Abuse, International Middle East Media Center, May 2015
- 18 year old Palestinian arrested at a student demonstration for Palestinian political prisoners, Samidoun – Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network, February 2015
- 14 year old Palestinian boy has been imprisoned for 40 days, Samidoun – Palestinian Prisoner Solidarity Network, February 2015
- The world stands disgraced – Israeli shelling of school kills at least 15, The Guardian, July 2014
- Julie Bishop ‘deeply concerned’ about mistreatment of Palestinian children in TV report, SMH, February 2014
- REPORT: No Way to Treat a Child, Palestinian children in the Israeli military detention system, Defense of Children International, April 2016. Details the widespread and systematic ill-treatment of Palestinian children in the Israeli military detention system. Based on the testimonies of 429 children detained by the Israeli military or police in the occupied West Bank between January 2012 and December 2015.
- Statistics – Palestinian ‘security’ prisoners in Israeli detention, Military Court Watch (continuously updated page): As of 31 October 2015 307 children imprisoned by Israel as “security” prisoners.
- 200 cases submitted to UN linking settlements and detention, Military Court Watch, June 2015:
- Confirmation of a causative link between the establishment of illegal settlements by the Israeli governments and the arrest without trial of Palestinian minors.
- 95,000 Palestinian Children Incarcerated by Israel since 1967.
- Operation Protective Edge: A war waged on Gaza’s children, Defense for Children International Palestine, April 2015.
- Independently verified the deaths of 547 Palestinian children among the killed in Gaza, 535 of them as a direct result of Israeli attacks.
- Nearly 68 percent of the children killed by Israeli forces were 12 years old or younger.
- Overwhelming and repeated evidence that Israeli forces committed grave violations against children amounting to war crimes.
- Direct targeting of children by Israeli drone-fired missiles and attacks carried out against schools.
- Minors in detention, B’Tselem – The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories
- Statistics on Palestinian minors in the custody of the Israeli security forces, B’Tselem – The Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories
- Children Affected by Armed Conflict: Israel & the State of Palestine, UNICEF: CAAC Bulletin, July 2013
- Children Affected by Armed Conflict: Israel & the State of Palestine, UNICEF: CAAC Bulletin, January 2013
- Children in Military Custody, Sponsored by the United Kingdom’s Foreign and Commonwealth Office, June 2012
- Bound, Blindfolded and Convicted: Children held in military detention, Defence for Children International Palestine, April 2012
- BREAKING THE SILENCE: Children and Youth – Soldiers’ Testimonies 2005-2011, Breaking the Silence
- Israel: Settlement Agriculture Harms Palestinian Children, Human Rights Watch, April 2015
- Israel: In-Depth Look at Gaza School Attacks: 45 People, Including 17 Children, Killed in 3 Attacks, Human Rights Watch, Sept 2014
- Israel Targeting Civilians Australians for BDS resource page
- The Dahiya Doctrine Australians for BDS resource page on the Israeli military doctrine that calls for inflicting massive Palestinian civilian deaths and damage to civilian property in an attempt to militarily defeat Hamas
- Attacks on Education and Academic Freedom Australians for BDS resource page